Wednesday, July 13, 2011

university life..is not that easy

assalamualaikum,

i've not been writing that much lately, busy doing other stuff like sleeping which wastes my time a lot. lets try sleep a bit less. but now i'm not sleeping!alive and healthy alhamdulillah. wait. i have time to sleep?don't i have classes?nope. i'm at home living life!its the holidays!6 months of free time ending this september insya-Allah. today boys and girls, i.Allah i'll be writing about how not easy university life is and how it has effected me in particular.

praises to Allah that i got admitted into UiTM Shah Alam for the TESL foundation course. although i wasn't a high achiever in SPM i got in and there i was in shah alam with mrsm and sbp students alongside with normal school people like me. i felt cool being able to be with boarding school students because it made me look intelligent. haha. ok enough. lets go numerical and point form. these are how university affected me.

1. iman wise - before heading on to university i thought i was spiritually competent. that i am the man!i was a good teenager trying to do what Allah told me to do and act. i thought i had it all covered. there is nothing that could deter my knighthood! saying that is easier than done. in those days i lived at home, my parents took care of me, my mom and sisters cooked my meals, money wasn't used that much and i lived near the surau. going to the surau for the wajib prayers was a bliss alhamdulillah except for subuh prayers, that's my fault of sleeping late. and i held my cool at school with girls. i tried not to get involved that much although there were times i was weak. astaghfirullah. and growing up in a westerly environment i was prone and exposed to sexual humour, cursing and plain old sarcasm. but at school i did not have friends that could make a clique with me so all that joking around stayed inside me and the occasional outbursts in bathrooms. so i thought i was good to go. i thought i could shield my iman. but the unwanted happened in university. in university i was to be independent. i had to search for my own food so i got friends to accompany me. and i followed my friends sometimes regardless of the prayer times. there were times i would go to maghrib prayers at the surau but skip isya' at surau because i was busy eating away. there were probably times that i would just ignore the call and eat and chat away. i also found friends with the same head(sekepala). my westerly upbringings shined at UiTM. i cursed, said indecent jokes and probably irritated other people too just because i thought it was cool. partly it wasn't the fault of the people i was with but my fault not restraining myself. and i was more forgiving towards unneeded acts. like mingling with girls. i sat close to them. bertepuk tampar. astaghfirullah. it was maybe because of the social environment we had in our course but of course i could of avoided that.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend.{Book 41, Number 4815 : Sunan Abu Dawud}

2. perut wise - okay this topic isnt as heavy as the above but its literally heavy. when i was at school i was active. i cycled and played badminton. even if it was spm i still played badminton with my friends. these activity are probably the asbab on how i lost my weight. when i was little i was big and chubby. then getting into my teens i started losing weight. i was really active. then university gave me something. its called fat!hahahaha. university life for me isn't a life that really gets you going in sports. okay, this is my routine. at 8 something i go to the faculty and i get back in the evenings. i get soo tired that i just chuck my bags and take out my retractable bed and slumber partay!after that i shower and have my maghrib prayers. then after maghrib i go for dinner. before that i probably already had lunch. then after isya' whether it was at the surau or me procrastinating at my room i relaxed a bit. wether it was video games or just chatting with friends. then i would sleep or go out and by burgers. double patty with egg and cheese. yummmm..not something to stay healthy. after practicing this way of life. i saw myself get bigger. my tummy, my man-boobs, my thighs and my biceps. my stamina was off too. i cycled when i got back home and oh my. i jogged and dreaded i took the long way back home.

so thats it guys..things that affected my life at university. of course there are other things. but i just cant think of it.huahaha..thanks for reading..wallahu'alam..

No comments: